Due to the fact that there are numerous students in Norrback Avenue School with severe allergies to all nuts and nut products, we must provide a safe classroom environment. Please note the following:
We request that when possible, snacks be NUT FREE for all students in all classrooms. Please take note of peanut by-products in prepared foods that you may send in for your child or the class. We ask that alternative snacks be provided to students in order to limit concerns.
Several classrooms may be deemed “nut free” due to severe allergies. Classrooms deemed “nut free” may not have any snacks that pose a threat to students. Parent/Guardians will be notified if their child’s classroom is “nut free” in order to ensure the safety of students. If you are unsure, please contact your child’s teacher.
Any food brought to school for classroom celebrations (birthday, holiday, promotion celebrations, etc.) MUST BE NUT FREE. Only foods listed as SAFE will be allowed in classrooms. Please plan ahead!
Please note that holiday treats/birthday treats not listed will be kept in the main office to be picked up. Holiday treats/birthday treats can be held in the office no longer than one week. Thank you for your continued support.
SAFE FOODS - ONLY these foods are allowed!
- Fruits (bananas, apples, grapes, nectarines, pears)
- Fruit flavored snacks (Brach’s brand NOT allowed)
- Salad (Wishbone Italian dressing)
- Barnum’s Animal Crackers
- Honey Maid Grahams
- Teddy Grahams
- Ritz (Original)
- Triscuit (Original)
- Wheat Thins (Plain)
- Townhouse (Original)
- Oreo Cookies
- Popcorn (Act II old-fashioned natural)
- Lay’s Potato Chips (Ruffles, Wavy Original)
- Tostitos (100% White corn Restaurant Style)
- Fritos (Original corn chips)
UNSAFE FOODS – These items will be SENT BACK HOME:
- ALL home-baked or store-baked goods
- ALL nuts
- Peanut butter
- Granola Bars
- Anything with peanut oil or traces of peanut oil
- All Hostess brand, Drake brand, Keebler brand – not allowed
- Brach brand fruit snacks